Finding a Voice

Sunday, July 24, 2005

i had a mullet

I was at Arlington Beach Camp this weekend for Free Methodist Family Camp. My friend Lana is there. We worked together at camp in the 80's. In a sentimental moment of reminescence I said to her, "How far we've come, Lana."

"Yes," she replied. "We both have better hair."

I had forgotten how true that was until my brother brought out a box full of old pictures, mostly from camp days gone by, to show around to people. And there I was: too old to be a Mini-Pop, but sporting the do of the decade.

Why oh why is the mullet making a come-back? Or why did it never go away.

Picture #1: Kitchen staff fashions at Arlington Beach Camp, circa 1985.













Picture #2: Some Free Methodist youth retreat somewhere in Saskatchewan. Note the striped jumper. It had wide legs and elasticized ankles. I must have looked a bit like a clown, but it was comfy and at the time I thought I was so trendy.


















posted by Colleen McCubbin at 10:40 PM

2 Comments:

Ah Colleen, you're such a treat! Especially in that striped jumper--yup. That's what I said :)
Seriously though, even with a mullet you are a beautiful woman. How does that work?
Ashley
ps--that was by no means an encouragement to bring *back* the mullet phase.

July 25, 2005 7:05 PM  

These are priceless....I remember you in the spotted number!

I had your brother e-mail me some of those old photos...what a stitch. I figure if there are such horrid photos of me circulating in the world, I should at least have a copy so I can form SOME sort of defense.

"It was the 80's!" is all I can come up with so far...:D

July 26, 2005 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home