Finding a Voice

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Every day is Saturday

My brother is finished school for the summer (he’s an educational assistant and drives the special needs bus for William Derby School in Strasbourg). Today – or tomorrow – he’s heading out to Arlington Beach to be their photographer/videographer for the summer camping season (about 5 weeks). I’ll be there for family camp in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I’ve got a few things to do.

  • Cleaning to get ready for Jeffrey’s annual Summer Open House on Thursday, July 24th. (Corresponds with family camp.)
  • Sorting my accumulation of papers from the past 10 months
  • Taxes! (I know, I’m late. But I don’t owe anything this year and don’t expect much back, if anything, so that kind of took the urgency out of it.)
  • Writing, writing, writing. I’m waiting for final confirmation of a book deal for Servants Anonymous Foundation. I’m also waiting final confirmation about presenting a paper at a conference on ecumenism in early September. And I have a couple of other book ideas which need proposals written. (If you’re thinking of writing a book, or pitching one to a publisher, I highly recommend How to Write a Book Proposal by Michael Larsen.)
  • Play my “new” piano. When my bosses, Lance and Vicki Cornwell, took over the newspaper in March 2007, there was a piano stored in the back area of their Nokomis building. Apparently someone is supposed to pick it up, but after more than a year of waiting and not even knowing who to expect, they told me I can have it. Just HAVE it! It’s a decent piano, in reasonable tune, with only one broken key on the bass end. So tomorrow I’ve got a crew of guys coming to move it after church.
  • Get into a new rhythm on this blog!!!

Gotta go!  

 

 

 

posted by Colleen McCubbin at 12:30 PM

1 Comments:

So why is this blog entry called Every Day is Saturday? Forgive me, I have just woken up...

Janina

July 19, 2008 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home