Finding a Voice

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a working vacation

I'm in Seattle right now. Friends Dave & Chelle invited me here to do some concerts in celebration of their return from Ph.D. studies in Scotland. They've given me their spacious, gorgeous basement suite (former b&b) for the entire 11 night stay, complete with a library of BBC videos, mainly Jane Austen. Yummy.

My first concert was on Saturday afternoon. It was small (6 guests) but cosy and people were willing to sing along. Unfortunately, I started feeling ill not long after the concert ended and spent the next 36 hours attending to bodily functions, sleeping, and subsisting on broth and ginger ale, cable television, and Jane Austen videos.

But I'm feeling much better today (if only the heartburn would go away). Since Chelle has a new teaching contract with Mars Hill Graduate School, she is doing a lot of course prep, so I'm working on my own projects, which include layout for a theatre festival booklet, ghostwriting a book about the founder of Servants Anonymous Foundation (www.safoundation.com), and composing a song or two. But now ... I must leave the Mars Hill library to drink some famous Seattle coffee, take a tour of Pike Place Market, and browse at Lark in the Morning!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Colleen McCubbin at 12:23 PM

1 Comments:

I like the irony in that: you are an anonymous servant (a ghostwriter) writing a bio of the founder of the Servants Anonymous Foundation. :-)

Have fun in Seattle, my old stomping grounds. Say hi to Dave & Chelle for me!

August 26, 2008 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home