Finding a Voice

Friday, August 05, 2005

receiving help & encouragement

Today I purged four filing cabinet drawers. Diane reminds me that I am working through 10-15 years of accumulation and it can't be leveled in an afternoon. So I still have 6 or 7 file boxes to sort through, but the filing cabinet drawers are empty and waiting for throughfully selected items to go in them. Diane and I working on a color coordinated filing system for my various categories of interests and responsibilities. I'll go to Staples this weekend for a couple more colors.

(The only color that's out of bounds for file folders is grape, because it reminds me of childhood flouride treatments and I gag when I see it.)

All day Wednesday and this afternoon Diane kept saying, "I'm so proud of you," for throwing things in the garbage or recycling or give-away/return pile, or for hanging in there when I just wanted to quit.

My friend Kim wrote this to me:

Hey about the purging....you'll feel free I think. Talk about experiencing calmness..you will. You're not going back Colleen, it seems like life/career is taking you further away from allot of that stuff you are saving. Ideas change.. new resources appear....and you move on. don't agonize over throwing some stuff away. If you find that you are..start another file or two.
I'm so glad it's happening, I wish I could come over and do it for you..it would be easy for me, although I'd still recognize all the great potential.
I'm proud of you.

And my assistant, Natasha, rubbed my shoulders and neck for a few minutes at 4:00. Ah.
posted by Colleen McCubbin at 5:52 PM

2 Comments:

Good for you Colleen. I so, so, so need to do this too.

Looking forward to the before and after pictures.

August 09, 2005 1:16 AM  

You are an amazing woman Colleen. I am so excited for you, and can't wait to see what kind of 'sweeps' you can and will help others with now. I really AM proud of you an all your hard work you have done to date. I will look forward to checking in a couple months from now to see how it goes. Keep going girl ... your are doing awesome!

The Clean Sweep Lady
Diane Exner

August 31, 2005 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home