Finding a Voice

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sit with me awhile?

Today the winter air in Spiritwood was quiet and clean, crisp and sparkling -- a welcome change to Wednesday's blizzard! On this lazy Sunday afternoon, browsing for new blog templates, I finally settled on this one entitled "Pure," which evokes that lovely feeling in the air today.



I neglected to mention one small detail from Wednesday's travel escapades. At the baggage carousel in Winnipeg I waited and waited for my small, black "rollerboard" suitcase. I had wanted to take it as a carry on, but it was a mere two pounds overweight, so I checked it. I waited and waited in vain in Winnipeg. My sturdy little bag, still en route from Toronto, would arrive on the 12:30 am plane. Why wasn't I on that plane, too? I could have had almost 2 hours more with Lamb and Bonita! Ah well ...

How could I be upset about the suitcase? After such a crazy day, of course my luggage would be delayed! There was nothing to do but visit Shopper's Drug Mart for some toiletries: travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, gel, body wash. Fortunately I had my tooth brush and make-up in my purse, but my tooth paste had been confiscated at security in Saskatoon because it was in a 100 mL container! Never mind that it was less than one-third full. I was unaware of new regulations for liquids and gels (must be in containers that hold less than 100 mL). Really, how much damage can a woman do with Melaleuca tooth paste? Hopefully, Air Canada will reimburse those toiletries (>$20).

I lived, I learned. Had coffee with my cousin Tammy on Friday afternoon in Winnipeg. She's a CGA who travels almost every week. She never checks luggage, and people even make fun of her for it, but I can definitely see her wisdom.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Colleen McCubbin at 9:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home