Finding a Voice

Monday, April 16, 2007

conferences in May

I just came back from a wedding in Alberta and am getting excited to head back there for conferences in a few weeks.

The first conference is "Research in Religious Studies" at the University of Lethbridge. On a whim I submitted a paper proposal after the posted deadline, and it was accepted! Turns out the deadline had been extended, so I emailed as many potential presenters as I could think of and, much to my delight and relief, my cousin Amy also had a paper proposal accepted! So we're going to Lethbridge for May 2-4!

Amy's paper in the Christian History group on Thursday morning, 11:15 – 11:45: "Martin Luther: Revolutionary Mystic?"

My paper in the Christianity in Canada group is on Friday morning, 9:00 - 9:30: "Oral Histories of Women from the Early Days of Briercrest: Personal Narratives of Five Women Involved at Briercrest College and Seminary prior to 1960"
 
The second conference is the CACSD annual, which moves from city to city, meeting this year in Calgary, May 14-16. I'm helping to organize it and am thrilled about conducting it with Open Space Technology. Will probably stay with my brother and sister-in-law for several of the days between conferences. There will be some set-up to take care of at Rocky Mountain College, and some friends to visit, and hopefully some business to do (i.e., Mannatech and Norwex). And on May 9th I'll have a phone interview with Incubator Records as part of the audition process with them. That process just keeps moving along ...

Then there's rest. I'm so exhausted from the last two weeks -- finishing my thesis, defending it, interviewing for a position at a college (unnamed for now), driving to Red Deer for the wedding, driving to Calgary to stay overnight on Friday, driving to Edmonton on Saturday, driving home on Sunday ... whew! Today I just laid low and visited with Mom and Dad, Aunt Linda, our friend Barb, Sisters Therese and Bernadette, and Erandi and Angelica (Mom & Dad's other renters). Time to go to bed. I'd like to read, but my eyes feel so heavy. Tomorrow I will set into thesis revisions, to be finished by Friday so that I can graduate with a clear conscience (and be that much further prepared for the Lethbridge conference).

Good night!


posted by Colleen McCubbin at 8:46 PM

1 Comments:

Did I mention I'm so proud of you?

Jeffrey

April 20, 2007 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home