Finding a Voice

Thursday, June 07, 2007

herb garden


Planted herbs yesterday with Dad.
Bought several bedding plants last Sunday:
  • lavendar
  • stevia
  • spearmint (put it in pots to control its growth)
  • basil (for pesto and tomato dishes; planted it among the porchalaca)
  • catnip (for my cats & for tea)
Especially excited about combining stevia & spearmint leaves for healthy chewing pleasure.
Every time I get someone to try it
they look really, really skeptical
then the look turns to delight.



posted by Colleen McCubbin at 10:22 AM

2 Comments:

Sounds wonderful! I have planted fresh herbs this year too: basil, tarragon, thyme, oregano, mint, chives, rosemary, parsley. Now if I would only plant sage I could stand out in my garden and sing "Scarborough Fair."

June 07, 2007 5:30 PM  

Our balcony is north facing - and I already have a tendancy to kill anything green that comes my way. I fear this will be another summer where safeway is my 'fresh herb plot.' Oh poppa Runnalls, how we miss your garden.

June 13, 2007 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home