Finding a Voice

Friday, April 29, 2005

Dad's heart

Mom and Dad stayed overnight on Tuesday in the Pilgrim Inn ($20 off on Tuesday nights!). We saw each other briefly that night and had a nice visit and lunch together at the Point on Wednesday. They were on a little tour to see a few people. They brought me lots of birthday presents. It's almost 2 months after the fact, but they were fragile so mom didn't want to mail them: 2 antique Asian dolls and 4 decorator plates with the Chinese characters for the seasons written on them (one for each plate).

While Mom shopped in the bookstore, Dad showed me the pictures of his heart from his recent angioplasties. The first angioplasty was the day after his heart attack. It's easy to see where the artery is pinched before and then widened after the stent is in. A couple of weeks later it's the same story for the routine follow-up stent: pinched artery, widened artery. But within hours of the second stent, Dad was obviously in trouble and having another heart attack. In that before picture, the artery completely disappears after the blockage! Four stents later it reappears. Crazy. My dad could have died, but with some quick intervention he's still here and I'm so glad.

We didn't have enough time together. I'm trying to figure out a time to get to Spiritwood before I go on vacation at the end of May. It would be very good to see Grandma & Grandpa, too.
posted by Colleen McCubbin at 6:34 PM

2 Comments:

I like how you're putting links throughout your posts now - makes a post so much more than just what we say, but interconnected with the whole web. I was up late last night linking my 'summer reading list' to just the right sites. If I'm lucky, people actually look at a few of them. :)

May 04, 2005 8:03 PM  

I appreciate the linking as well. I attempt to do it in some of my posts, with references to articles and sometime Scripture. I've also started to connect people to the photos that I use. Creating a link on the photographers name to where you can see more of their work. The links can give the reader more understanding and depth to what your talking about!! (or just lead them to more great photography =D ).

May 07, 2005 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home