Finding a Voice

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Radio play!

A few weeks ago a random email came from Tom Martin of The Spirit Radio (tSr), inviting me to submit music for
online radio play and/or set up an artist page. I'm already very happy with my IndieHeaven site, but tSr's Bronze membership is free, so I thought it would be worth a try. This morning I uploaded the 3 free songs, the album cover, and some other info. All day I've been playing tSr through iTunes, just to get a feel for the station, when suddenly, about 15 minutes ago, I heard "Good Storyline" starting to play and thought maybe iTunes was malfunctioning. Nope! It was my first airplay!!!

On Tuesday night I went with my dad, sister Starla and niece Emma to a
Theresa Sokyrka concert here in Spiritwood. She performed with a great keyboard player, and was quite sweet and personable. There were about 300 people and she was totally in her element. Introducing one song, her keyboard player said it was a radio hit and Theresa repeated it, "The song was a hit!" adding incredulously, "On the radio!" as if she's still surprised.

Well, having my song played for the first time on a radio station -- and just happening to be present for the moment -- does not a hit make, but I kind of felt a little kinship with Theresa in that moment. That's my song! That's my voice! On the radio!

posted by Colleen McCubbin at 8:06 PM

4 Comments:

Hey, wow! Congratulations!

Colleen Taylor = Eternally cool!

July 28, 2007 9:01 PM  

Congrats! That would be exciting!

August 03, 2007 2:50 PM  

Congratulations! I'm really excited for you! So when can you send me your autograph?

August 03, 2007 4:16 PM  

Tree -- I'll BRING you an autograph in September! :)

August 04, 2007 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home