Finding a Voice

Friday, September 14, 2007

going on tour

A dream of mine is about to become a reality. Mid-September I will embark on a "house concert" tour that will bring me into living rooms, churches, coffee shops, and schools (maybe even a mall or two) throughout Western Canada and in the Greater Toronto Area. I even get a jaunt to California, thanks to a promotion at my bank!

The name of my music ministry, SIRETONA, is an acronym for SIng RElease TO NAtions (www.siretona.com). My mission statement reads, "I am a poetess -- a listener and a storyteller, using my voice to make a difference around the world."

Starting at home in Canada, I want to bring release to the nations primarily through music that works in two realms: (1) telling stories that give a voice for the voiceless, thus informing and inspiring people to act in ways that make a difference in the world, and (2) to bring spiritual freedom through intercession and prophesy.
My desire and intent are to tell international stories through music, to raise awareness, and to "spur people on to love and good deeds." If you listen to my music on www.indieheaven.com/artists/colleentaylor, you will hear "A Voice in Ramah"--a lament for Cambodia that tells about one family's experience during the Pol Pot regime. It is a difficult song to hear, but a crucial message.

I also want to use my musical voice to promote justice and mercy in every way, including consumer practices. Thus, I am privileged to partner with Level Ground Trading (www.levelground.com). Along with my CDs I will have Level Ground’s fairly traded coffee, chocolate & fruit as part of my merchandise. In keeping with my vision and message of "releasing the nations," I want to tell the stories of Level Ground, Famicafe, Fruandes Ltda, and more.

Thanks to Level Ground, each host on my tour will be provided with a 300g package of coffee to serve, allowing guests at each concert to experience the aroma and flavour of “fair trade” coffee.

If you would like to attend a concert or consider hosting your own house concert, check out my itinerary below. Open days are marked and I will be plugging in more concerts as I go. I’d love to do a concert for you and your guests.

You can also find my itinerary on these sites:
www.siretona.com/calendar.html
www.indieheaven.com/artists/colleentaylor

Periodically I will post updates on these sites (especially here on my blog), but if you prefer email updates, please send a message through my website and I'll put you on an emailing list.

Above all, I treasure your prayers for this tour: that God would be glorified and that I would be attentive to the people and opportunities he places in my path. He has given me songs to sing, stories to tell, and a heart to minister. Pray for the usual things, like safety and provision along the way. And pray for the unexpected things that the Lord might bring to your mind ...

May God bless and keep you in Christ Jesus by His Spirit.

Colleen


ITINERARY

Send-off house concert at home: Thu, Sept 13, Spiritwood, SK, 7:30pm, hosts: Martin & Elizabeth Taylor (aka Mom & Dad)

WEEK 1+
Sat, Sept 15, Edmonton, house concert (private)
Sun, Sept 16, a.m., Edmonton, lead worship at The Canopy (www.thecanopy.ca)
Sun, Sept 16, 6:30-9:30pm, house concert, open to public, Andrew and Naomi Pahl
Mon, Sept 17, Edmonton, evening free
Tue, Sept 18, Invermere, BC, visiting a friend
Wed, Sept 19, Kelowna, BC, visiting friends
Thu, Sept 20, BC Interior, open
Fri, Sept 21, Vernon, BC, benefit concert for New Hope, a support organization for helping widows and widowers. (http://www.newhope-grief.org/)
Sat, Sept 22, BC Lower Mainland, open
Sun, Sept 23, BC Lower Mainland, open

WEEK 2
Mon, Sept 24, BC Lower Mainland, open
Tue, Sept 25, BC Lower Mainland, open
Wed, Sept 26, Vancouver, house concert
Thu, Sept 27, BC Lower Mainland, open
Fri, Sept 28, Nanaimo, BC, house concert, 7pm, hosts: Terri & John Czegledi
Sat, Sept 29, Vancouver Island, open
Sun, Sept 30, a.m., Victoria, BC, Saanich Community Church
Sun, Sept 30, p.m., Victoria, BC, house concert, sponsor: Kathleen Busch

WEEK 3
Mon, Oct 1, daytime: tour Level Ground Trading and SALTS Shipyards
evening is open
Tue, Oct 2, Vancouver, open
Wed, Oct 3, daytime: visit Trinity Western University
evening: Aldergrove, BC, house concert, host: Kathleen McMillan
Thu, Oct 4, BC Lower Mainland, open
Fri, Oct 5, BC Interior, open
Sat, Oct 6, Calgary, Thanksgiving
Sun, Oct 7, Calgary, Thanksgiving

WEEK 4
Mon, Oct 8, Calgary, open
Tue, Oct 9, morning: fly to Toronto
evening: open
Wed, Oct 10, GTA, open
Thu, Oct 11, CACSD meetings at Redeemer University College in Hamilton, ON
Fri, Oct 12, CACSD meetings at Redeemer University College in Hamilton, ON
Sat, Oct 13, Kitchener, ON, open
Sun, Oct 14, morning, Kitchener, ON, singing in a church (unconfirmed)
Sun, Oct 14, Kitchener, ON, house concert, Mark & Anna

WEEK 5
Mon, Oct 15, ON, open
Tue, Oct 16, Markham or Stouffville, ON, house concert, hostess: DL Sisson
Wed, Oct 17, GTA, open
Thu, Oct 18, fly to Calgary
Fri, Oct 19, Calgary, AB, CHEC meetings

WEEK 6+
Sat, Oct 20 through Wed, Oct 31 – to be confirmed. Will include Alberta, central California, Saskatchewan (esp. Caronport)
November and beyond - Saskatchewan, Manitoba, East Coast, the globe ...
posted by Colleen McCubbin at 9:37 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home