Finding a Voice

Friday, July 18, 2008

BUSINESS PROFILES

In November 2007 I started working for the Last Mountain Times newspaper. Early in 2008, with a strong conviction that a local newspaper should make a difference in its community, a desire to get to know more about the area I had moved to, and a suspicion that our readers might also want to know more, I initiated a profiles project. My bosses, Lance & Vicki Cornwell, liked the idea, so I designed an introductory package: 1/2 page profile for a very small participation fee and 6 gift certificates for 10% off advertising. The price was barely break-even, but I wanted to create some momentum and reward the early-adopters.
So far I have done ten profiles:
Having received significant positive feedback, I hope to revamp the program in August and continue in September.

Labels: , ,

posted by Colleen McCubbin at 8:07 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home