Finding a Voice

Friday, May 20, 2005

God's new territory

I saw myself as a bottle of fine wine, being poured out on the pavement of the road called "Possibility." Jesus himself was pouring me out, then he knelt down and scrubbed that pavement with a brush from the Fuller Brush Company.

Later I saw that on the place Jesus had cleaned he had built a house, much like a castle. I was a doorkeeper, standing on the front steps, welcoming people. Inside were many workers--maids, butlers, carpenters, host/esses, etc. Whenever new people arrived everyone would look up, smile and say, "We're so glad you're here!" Then most people would go back to their work, while 1 or 2 would show the newcomers to their room, give them a tour, then help them get settled. I saw that there were gardeners working outside the castle--they were undercover guards.

This vision came after asking the questions from the April 13th, 2005 post in Brad Jersak's blog.

In reflecting on this vision, I was drawn to Psalm 84 ("How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty. ... I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of the Lord ...), Ephesians 2:22 ("In him [Christ] you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit."), and I Peter 2:5 ("you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."). I have also been struck by hiddenness, renewal and transformation in Christ (Colossians 3). All of this is combining for a greater sense of clarity about calling. Amazing, really. It changes the feel of everything ...
posted by Colleen McCubbin at 6:23 PM

1 Comments:

Im not sure of the meaning.

You lost me after the two undercover gurads.

I liked the 1st part.

May 20, 2005 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home