Finding a Voice

Friday, December 01, 2006

making millions?

If you think of it, please pray for me & my Mom, my Aunt Linda, & our friend Dawn. We're doing two concerts this weekend: Spiritwood's "Grand Ole Opry Christmas" on Saturday evening and a seniors' supper on Sunday evening. We're all feeling like our health is challenged in one way or another.

The Opry committee has hired a country group, Dixie Highway, as the house band to play for all the performers. Dixie Highway said they needed a keyboard player, so my mom offered my services and they accepted. I received the CDs and lyric sheets last week, on Wednesday night I practiced with the band in Saskatoon, and on Saturday afternoon we'll put it all together with the performers (individuals & groups). Whirlwind!

Should be a fun weekend -- but a lot of work. Mom, Aunt Linda, Dawn & I are praying that we'll shine like stars in the universe.

You know, lately I've been wondering if I should go teach English in Korea. A person can make millions there. Millions of WON, that is. In fact, I sent away a few resumes, interviewed with a Toronto placement agency, and was offered my pick of jobs.

Yet, every time I pray about my vocation I sense the Lord telling me just to do what he told me -- to sing and write (alongside my Mannatech & Norwex businesses) and watch him provide. I know that my calling is to "sing release to nations," so would going as an English teacher be kind of like Sarah giving Hagar to Abraham to shortcut the process of securing an heir?

Well, the Opry is a paying gig, furthering my professional music career. :) And this week I've had some great and unexpected Norwex and Mannatech activity. The Lord will take care of the money as long as I'm obedient ... Do I really believe that?

My friend Mary reminded me to ask the Lord for wisdom and not to doubt.

James 1:5-8

From The Message: If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.

From the New Living Translation: If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Colleen McCubbin at 1:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home