Finding a Voice

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Grand Ole Country & a new job

I'm so exhausted after playing keyboard with the band for Spiritwood Grand Ole Country Christmas concert/talent show tonight. But it was SO much fun and good exposure. Tomorrow Mom, Aunt Linda, our friend Dawn, and I are singing at the seniors' Christmas supper in Shell Lake. Music. This is in my calling ...

Yesterday I got a job: Relief Scheduler with the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region. As relief work it's very part-time and sporadic, yet will provide at least 2 full-time work weeks for orientation this month at a nice governmental starting wage. Part-time suits me well, since music & writing is what I came here for. With my foot in the door for the health region I'll be able to bid on other jobs that come up.

Part of my orientation will include 1-2 days in Prince Albert with the health region providing a car and paying me 8 hours a day. What a gift: my sister Starla lives in PA and just yesterday was asking if I could come do family Christmas presents with her! So I get to say yes and go with all expenses paid!

This job is an answer to prayer. I've been considering teaching English in Korea. But, the Lord has been speaking to me about that my call is to the nations but English is not the vehicle (for now), that he wants me to concentrate on the music and writing and watch him provide. Well, this week I've been doing a lot of music ... and he's providing, true to his word!

Bev, the woman hiring me, said she's very comfortable with me and that the reference checks (all Briercrest people) are excellent and that they'd love to hire me back. Sigh. Sometimes I long to be doing that work, especially the mentoring of young women. But that will come ...

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Colleen McCubbin at 11:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home